Many thanks. Having now gone through all your edits, I'm happy to say you did a great job. I didn't take up all the expression suggestions, but they always prompted me to think about the sentence carefully and often to either use your edit or make my own change. You certainly showed a real feel for my writing style and were incredibly attentive to the small details. So thank you very much!
- Michael Richardson, PhD candidate, University of Western Sydney and winner of the 2011 AAWP Postgraduate Conference Paper Prize
Our editor told us the tidiness of the manuscript was a 'publisher's dream', so many thanks to you.
- Caroline Wake, Centre for Modernism Studies in Australia, University of New South Wales
A comment made by one of my examiners:
"I have not read a thesis with such a minimal number of typographical or grammatical errors previously".
- Jennifer Kent, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney.
Thank you very much for such a wonderful effort. You are a very thoughtful, knowledgeable and respectful editor.
I'm recommending you to all my colleagues.
– Juan Valencia, Dept. of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies, Macquarie University
Thank you for your terrific proofreading of my thesis ... it came back perfect. Can't ask more than that.
– Dr Nell Cook, School of Arts and Social Sciences, Southern Cross University
John Revington edited my PhD thesis and I highly recommend him! He edited my entire thesis faster than I could read it. He also doesn't change the meaning of your precious words/sentences like some editors can (e.g. he makes suggestions as comments if there is a risk of changing the meaning).
– Dr. Dana Cordell Postdoctoral Researcher, Dept. of Thematic Studies, Water & Environment, Linkoping University, Sweden
Thanks for proofreading and formatting our reports, including 'Pressure and leakage reduction program: Evaluation of customer water savings'. I appreciated your attention to detail, your thoughtful suggestions on style, grammar and readability, and your ability to meet our tight deadlines.
– Professor Stuart White, Director, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney
Thanks John. There has been more positive feedback about your work. The chapter authors are getting back with revisions praising your comments and making remarks about how your edits are improving their work.
–Popi Sotiriadou, Senior Lecturer, Griffith Business School and editor of Managing High Performance Sport (to be published by Routledge)
Thank you John for the excellent work you did proofreading and editing my PhD thesis. Working with you was a great experience in terms of your insightful suggestions and thoroughness. And in particular, your calm and straightforward manner made what is often a stressful time for a PhD student so much easier.
– Dr Judy Singer
John's work is of a very high standard and he provided the consistency and meticulous attention to detail needed for the completion of any doctoral thesis. His approach is thorough and his command of the language is excellent.
– Dr Meg O’Reilly, Teaching and Learning Centre, Southern Cross University
I was very sceptical about using the services of a professional editor for my doctorate. I have a major in English literature; why would it be necessary? After three very frustrating days of self-editing, I began to scour the internet for quotes. John Revington was the most reasonable in price, but the quality of his work is excellent. I would recommend John to anyone.
- Tony Scotland, Doctor of Business Adminsitration candidate, Southern Cross University